Saturday, April 10, 2010

April Blizzard

Thursday around midnight the wind started, gusts up to 90 km. Then a few hours later came the snow....and it never stopped until this morning. It's still very windy, but atleast it's not snowing. However, they say we should be getting another 5 cm tonight. Crazy Lloydminster weather. Thankfully Isaac is very much like his dad, and the cold windy weather doesn't bother him too much. Isaac just wants to be where daddy is, which was outside shovelling. I'm so glad Isaac loves to be outside and be active, more reason to get out in the country. So, this morning we spent lot's of time watching the tractor clear the parking area, and then they headed outsided all bundled up to shovel some snow. Lot's of snow drifted up against our place. Some drifts were up to Brad's waist. Isaac using his wheelbarrow to push around the snow.
Isaac, even though the wind was howling, wanted to go on a sleigh ride. Brad took him to the park and he loved it....what a prairie boy!
I'm so happy the baby hasn't come yet. Laura wouldn't have been able to come from Bonnyville, and my mom would've had a terrible time on the roads. So far i have one week left and the baby is still moving lot's...sometimes too much, making it very uncomfortable. I feel as though the baby has dropped, but am hoping for the baby to stay in a little while longer.

39 weeks!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love that picture of you. Can't wait for the phone call!

Jason Weglo said...

I like that picture of you too Sarah! So neat how Isaac was helping Brad shovel and move the snow. I love his little wheelbarrow. Can't believe you got a blizzard. Can't believe you're gonna have another child in about a week. I still think of you as my little sister, but you're all grown up.

Anonymous said...

Wow, spring snow storms are my favorite!!! At least you know it's not gonna last.!
And yes I really like that pic of you your glowing so.....
Isaac and his Dad make a good pair, Brad loved to be out playing in the storm and after the storm , just exploring the creation of snobanks and other stuff kids do.

Anonymous said...

wow. brad and isaac are nuts. i got a shiver just looking at those pictures. we're going for a walk today, but i'm waiting until it warms up to the forcasted 14 degrees... brr... our kids take after me and hate the cold. kelvin is sometimes ashamed. me? i'm proud.

i'm looking forward to hearing the news about your baby! i'm sure you are too. i was chatting with your mom the other day and i told her i think you're having a girl... and i'm going to guess the 15th.