Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Preparations have finally begun!

Brad and I had a very succesfull trip to Edmonton. We finally purchased some major items for the babies room. It took us all day Monday to put it all together, but we pulled it off....no thanks to Hudson always being in the way. So now we have everything set up and put away, I just need to decorate the walls. I'm hoping to do that tomorrow, so you'll have a finished look soon! But here are a few pictures to let you know how the progress is going.

I didn't just sit around the whole time=) It's been hard for me to not get involved as much as I use to. I don't like having to rely on others to help me get things done around the house. I can still manage a lot but I have to wait for Brad to get home to help me move anything around to organize.


Brad did great putting together the crib, dresser and rocking chair. Thanks Brad! As you can see Hudson was always in the way!


The finished product. I'm very happy with it. Notice the colour of the walls. It's so nice to have a room a different colour than the rest of the entire house.


Here's the diaper bag and all the clothes laid out to be put in the bag for the hospital. Now I just need to pack my bag=)

There's still a lot more to do. It's a tiny babies room, so I won't be able to do all that I had imagined, but I don't think the baby will mind having a small room, for the first few years anyways.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

from all the pics with hudson in them, it almost seems like he knows there is something big happening and he is going have to share your attention soon.
nice crib - like the room color.

love dad

Laura said...

I love how the green turned out! It looks so good! Can't wait to see it in person! I think it's starting to finally hit me that you could have a baby any day now. Can't wait!! Love you guys...

{ as we know it } said...

so fun! i can hardly wait to get our baby room all finished ... we finially have the crib on order, but it wont be here till Dec. 18th.
i love the color of the walls, too ... i've been thinking of painting green in our baby room because we don't know the gender ... but i'm also wondering if it's worth the effort since we're moving 2 month after the baby is born. i think i might feel guilty if i don't!
looks good ... and you're looking great too!

Anonymous said...

good choice on the crib! i'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing put together.... (on film of course, i'm not sure the next time we'll be in lloydminster?) can you believe it's so close?!

Holm's said...

WOW! Any day now Sarah!! I'm excited for you and everything looks great.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I love it. That makes it more real!!!! What will be weird is seeing you and Brad with a baby.....Can't wait to see the baby room in person and especially my little niece or nephew. Oh my goodness that sounds weird too. Just wait at least one more week. Love Ya
~Auntie Shelley (the favorite already)

Anonymous said...

Your pictures remind me so much of setting up for Evan's arrival and having Quincy oversee everything! Fun times!!!

Looking forward to hearing of baby Rempel's safe arrival.

Love, Karen

that's us... said...

i love the colour-the room is looking great- and so are you sarah! praying for you as you await the arrival of little baby rempel...can't wait!!!

that's us... said...

ps.to answer your question marek does have some b-ball shoes...little lebrons matt picked up a few months before he was born...plus he'll get passed down brook's jordans:)
baby rempel will have to have some b-ball shoes- and some skates i imagine:)