Wednesday, October 25, 2006

When it rains....It pours.

Well once again Brad and I are having car trouble. Yes, we just got a new car, a 2002 Toyota camry with only 45,000 k on it, and we were extremely happy. With all the problems we were having with the sunfire we were so happy to be comfortable with a foreign vehicle and looked forward to not having to spend any money on a vehicle for a long time. Well last night I was in a car accident. I was on my way to go and pick up Brad from work and it was dark and rainy out and I was turning left at an intersection. There were a few cars in front of me turning as well and when the light turned yellow and they started to go I decided to fly through it as well. I assumed that because both the cars infront of me were clearing the intersection and the light was yellow that I would have no problem...Well I did. Just as the truck infront of me pulls through and I'm RIGHT behind him, a car is still pushing through the intersection and T-Bone's me. Yeah not so fun. So I pull ahead out of the way of a very busy major highway intersection, as does he. I'm not balling my eyes out and believe it or not letting a few curses out of my mouth as I try and pull around the survey the damage. NOT A SINGLE PERSON STOPPED. I thought for sure a witness would stop, but to my surprise not a one! Anywho.....We exchanged info and I drove balling my eyes out to Kal Tire to pick up Brad, even though the car was un driveable and we left the car there and took Kal Tire's courtesy car home. I"m not too sure but I don't think the car is ridden off, the mechanic at Kal Tire said yes but the mechanic as ICBC said no, so we'll see. In some ways I would rather have it ridden off so that we can get another car because when we want to trade in this car for a van we won't get as much for it and who knows what future damage may come because of this accident. Yeah among OTHER THINGS yesterday was a pretty crappy day. This year has been unbelievable for car problems, we're probably on our 6th or 7th courtesy car. I just wish I had never been in such a rush to push through the intersection. AAHHH.........When it rains, it pours!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Hey sista, Josh says, "It seems you guys aren't having the best of luck in B.C. Better move to Bonnyville...:)" We love ya and are happy you didn't get hurt!

Holm's said...

Oh Sarah,
I'm so sorry, I pray all works out!
Linds

Anonymous said...

praying for you guys!
glad you're ok sarah- but i know it's a stress and worry as well.
love ya!

Amber said...

Sorry to hear about the accident! I pray things will work out well!

Kyla said...

Sarah
Sounds crazy!!! I'm praying for ya!
-Kyla <3