Sunday, December 09, 2007

What a busy week!

I can finally sit down and put some more pictures and the "baby birth story" on the blog. Thankfully my sister Laura has been able to post some initial pictures for me, but here are a few more cute ones that we took today and last night. I'm so glad we have a digital camera to capture all these great shots!

Our Christmas blessing!

Proud Grandma Weglo!

Proud parents!



At 3:35 am on Wednesday morning my water broke. We called the hospital and they said to come as soon as we could. We gathered our things and got to the hospital at 4:30. We just took our time because I wasn't having any contractions. Once we got to the hospital we found out that the baby had pooped, thus meconium inside of me. This was not a good thing obviously, so when the doctor arrived at 9:00am he attached a "thing" to the baby's head to monitor the exact heart rate of Isaac. I had yet to have a contraction, but once the doctor attached the wire thing I instantly started to have contractions every minute to minute and a half. Not fun. They were going to start me on a drip to get the contractions going but there was no need. I was soon moved into the delivery room to wait for my epidural. By noon I was already 5 cm. The epidural came just before two, and I was pretty much given full dosage, because I kept feeling the contractions. By 2:15 I was pushing, feeling nothing=)...gotta love those drugs. The doctor was called and we were waiting for him to come so that I could finisher delivery. He came just after 3:00 and Isaac was born at 3:19 pm. It was such an easy labour. We were even laughing between pushes. Little did i know the discomfort that came once the epidural wore off. I would have to say these last few days, and still now I am in more pain than Wednesday. I can't wait to feel "normal" again.


Isaac has been feeding well, and we're working on getting him on a feeding schedule. Right now he seems to think that he should sleep lots during the day and be wide awake in the night!

Overall he's a great baby and is very strong already. When he's awake, he moves his head around so much and is very active with his hands.
I better get back...hope you enjoy the pictures!

8 comments:

that's us... said...

a BIG little christmas blessing indeed! he's so sweet- it's great that your family can be there too sarah. thanks for sharing your story- being so far away it's not like we have these chances to chat and share. i pray you heal well- it's hard to know your boundaries in the first bit when you feel good so you want to do things but pay for it later. sit back and relax with your little isaac!!! thanks for the post!

Anonymous said...

laughing between contractions?? oh how i despise you!! haha....

seriously though...

i'm sure you'll be back to feeling somewhat normal soon, it's weird how that adrenaline just takes over, eh?

Anonymous said...

He! wow what a handsome boy he looks alot like his PAPA, must be aRempel, looking good tks for the blog it s so good to see my grandson when I'm so far away gotta love tech.

Laura said...

awww...I miss him already :) Hope you guys have a great week with Brad's family. Love ya!!

{ as we know it } said...

congrats to the 3 of you!
glad to hear the drugs worked so well for you ... I plan on begging for those the moment I get to the hospitial! :)
hope your recovery is speedy ... God Bless!

Anonymous said...

I miss him already too. I've already got photos developed and looked at the video twice :) Can't wait until I see him next week.
~love Auntie Shelley

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
He's sweet. Love the santa style suit!
~Tammy Phillips

Anonymous said...

Saw the pictures that Shelley took. He looks so adorable. Can hardly wait to see him when you come for Christmas. Hope you and Brad are doing well!!

Courtnay